fin du menu
François Lapointe, M. Sc.
Languages: French, English
- Holder of a master's degree in economics from the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM)
- More than 15 years' experience in the financial sector
Ethics, integrity and sound conduct lie at the heart of his practice and his advisory approach. Accordingly, Mr. Lapointe has taken great care to:
- meet the requirements of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC);
- comply with all licensing requirements;
- submit to an audit of his financial, professional and personal background.
He is also taking a mandatory continuing education program, and his activities are governed by the Desjardins Securitirs Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
Mr. Lapointe sees it as essential for relationships with clients to be based on trust, communication and respect. His entire approach is built around understanding your financial position.
He is committed to helping you meet the financial challenges you will face at each stage of your life.
The initial meeting will help identify and outline your needs, your expected yield and your risk tolerance. An action plan that is fair and realistic in terms of savings ability and potential yield will be developed with you.
Mr. Lapointe's investment strategy relies on bottom-up fundamental analysis. He strives to pick out stocks that provide solid dividend income and that, above all, have the potential to rise each year. In all cases, he seeks stocks that can generate good cash flow.
Mr. Lapointe is aware that macroeconomic and geopolitical contexts can lead to tensions, and he may recommend going overweight or underweight in certain economic sectors to reduce a portfolio's risk and volatility.
What sets us apart
Mr. Lapointe will rigorously monitor the implementation of your action plan and your investments.
He will review your investment goals and profile, as required, so that your investment strategy reflects your financial position while adjusting to economic conditions.
Products and services offered
- Fee-based accounts
- Discretionary management (Darwin discretionary management service)
- Cash accounts (in Canadian or U.S. dollars)
- Margin accounts (in Canadian or U.S. dollars)
- RRSP, RRIF, LIRA, RESP or TSFA accounts
- Government or municipal bonds
- Strip bonds
- Corporate bonds
- Preferred shares
- New bond issues
- Canadian, U.S. and international equities
- Convertible debentures
- New stock issues
- Investment funds
- Exchange-traded funds
Insurance products (service provided through Desjardins Securities Financial Services)
- Life annuities and term annuities
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Estate planning